Windows 10 Installation Guide
If you’re already running Windows 10 HOME or simply wish to activate, please skip to Step 12.
IF YOU PURCHASED Windows 10 HOME -- DO NOT HAVE TO UPGRADE TO PRO!
ACTIVATION ISSUES? Skip to the bottom
How to Download & Install Windows 10
Download the tool at the following location from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 (select ‘download tool now’ and run). This tool will download Windows 10 and create bootable media via USB/DVD.
Tool does not recognize your USB? Skip to Step 11
2. Save the MediaCreationTool.exe file to your desktop, and run it.
3. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.
4. Select (dot) Create installation media for another PC, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
5. Uncheck the Use the recommended options for this PC box. (see screenshot below)
Note: Leaving the Use the recommended options for this PC box checked will have the Media Creation Tool create a USB flash drive that's the same language, edition, and architecture as the current PC.
6. Select the Language, Edition, and 32-bit (x86), 64-bit (x64), or both (32-bit and 64-bit on same USB) Architecture you want for the ISO file, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
7. Select (dot) USB flash drive, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
8. Connect your USB flash drive, click/tap on the Refresh drive list link, select the USB flash drive, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
9. Windows 10 will now begin to download. (see screenshot below)
10. When the download has finished, your USB flash drive will be ready., Click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)
Tip: You may need to make changes to the Boot order in BIOS if the Windows 10 setup process doesn't start when you try to boot from the USB drive. If you have never done this, please follow this link as it clearly explains the process:
11. IF THE TOOL DOES NOT RECOGNIZE YOUR USB (ONLY IF IT DOES NOT)
Please download the ISO from the website (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/ ) and then use www.isotousb.com to burn a bootable USB. Make sure you select the bootable checkbox before burning. You will have to use the BROWSE button to load the download ISO to the tool (Not shown in the image). The tool should be configured as follows before burning.
Please take a look at the following link, it contains all the necessary info about how to install via Bootcamp:
12. ACTIVATION – IMPORTANT!
Upon purchase, you will receive your PURCHASED key, but you need a DUMMY key for activation.
After you’ve installed Windows 10, and you happen to be running Windows 10 HOME, you should upgrade to PRO using the DUMMY KEY (VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T)
To upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to PRO, go to Control Panel – System, then click ‘change/enter product key’. Enter the DUMMY KEY. The system will then start to perform the in-place upgrade.
Upgrade failing at the last minute? Uninstall any Antivirus programs you may have installed, then try again. You can reinstall the AV once Windows 10 PRO is installed.
Once Windows 10 PRO is installed, activate (same method) using the PURCHASED KEY.
You can check which version of Windows 10 you have installed via Control Panel – System.
Any questions/problems please get in touch - https://www.unitedtechsoftware.com/
Thank you for your purchase.