If you’re already running Windows 10 HOME or simply wish to activate, please skip to Step 12.
IF YOU PURCHASED Windows 10 HOME -- DO NOT HAVE TO UPGRADE TO PRO!
ACTIVATION ISSUES? Skip to the bottom
How to Download & Install Windows 10
Download the tool at the following location from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10 (select ‘download tool now’ and run). This tool will download Windows 10 and create bootable media via USB/DVD.
Tool does not recognize your USB? Skip to Step 11
2. Save the MediaCreationTool.exe file to your desktop, and run it.
3. If prompted by UAC, click/tap on Yes.
4. Select (dot) Create installation media for another PC, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
Note* If you are using a Windows 7, please select "Upgrade this PC Now".
5. Uncheck the Use the recommended options for this PC box. (see screenshot below)
Note: Leaving the Use the recommended options for this PC box checked will have the Media Creation Tool create a USB flash drive that's the same language, edition, and architecture as the current PC.
6. Select the Language, Edition, and 32-bit (x86), 64-bit (x64), or both (32-bit and 64-bit on same USB) Architecture you want for the ISO file, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
7. Select (dot) USB flash drive, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
8. Connect your USB flash drive, click/tap on the Refresh drive list link, select the USB flash drive, and click/tap on Next. (see screenshot below)
9. Windows 10 will now begin to download. (see screenshot below)
10. When the download has finished, your USB flash drive will be ready., Click/tap on Finish. (see screenshot below)
Tip: You may need to make changes to the Boot order in BIOS if the Windows 10 setup process doesn't start when you try to boot from the USB drive. If you have never done this, please follow this link as it clearly explains the process:
11. IF THE TOOL DOES NOT RECOGNIZE YOUR USB (ONLY IF IT DOES NOT)
Please download the ISO from the website (https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10ISO/ ) and then use www.isotousb.com to burn a bootable USB. Make sure you select the bootable checkbox before burning. You will have to use the BROWSE button to load the download ISO to the tool (Not shown in the image). The tool should be configured as follows before burning.
Please take a look at the following link, it contains all the necessary info about how to install via Bootcamp:
12. ACTIVATION For Windows 10 Home Upgrade to WIndows 10 Pro – IMPORTANT!
Upon purchase, you will receive your PURCHASED key, but you need a GENERIC key for activation.
After you’ve installed Windows 10, and you happen to be running Windows 10 HOME, you should upgrade to PRO using the GENERIC KEY (VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T)
To upgrade from Windows 10 HOME to PRO, First, go offline by choosing Airplane Mode in Action Center (at right end of task bar), then go to Control Panel – System, then click ‘change/enter product key’. Enter the GENERIC KEY. The system will then start to perform the in-place upgrade.
Upgrade failing at the last minute? Uninstall any Antivirus programs you may have installed, then try again. You can reinstall the AV once Windows 10 PRO is installed.
Once Windows 10 PRO is installed, turn off the Airplane Mode and go online to activate (same method) using the PURCHASED KEY.
You can check which version of Windows 10 you have installed via Control Panel – System.
13. Product Key Installed on Another PC?
Follow the instruction below:
- Press the Win+R keys to open Run, then type: SLUI 4, then click on OK.
Note that there is a space between SLUI and 4.
- Select your country or region, then click Next.
- Call the provided phone number to reach the Microsoft Product Activation Center. You will first be walked through an automated menu where you must answer a few questions about what product you are trying to activate (Windows 10), whether you have previously activated it (No), and whether you have a product key (Yes).
- The automated system will now describe the Internet Activation process to you. You already know this information, but simply wait for it to complete. At the end, the system will ask you if you still need assistance. Tell it “Yes”, and then you will be taken to a human operator.
- The human operator will ask confirmation of what product you are trying to activate (Windows 10), and then they will ask you if you have an Installation ID (Yes – it’s on the same screen as the phone number you called).
- The human operator will then ask you to read them that number. I’ve found you can read it to them relatively quickly and they keep up just fine; and if you speak clearly, you usually only have to read it once. You may also opt to select the automate smartphone SMS text method for activation which is much easier.
- The human operator will then turn you back over to the automated telephone system, which after a few brief instructions will read your Confirmation ID to you. So once the human operator hands the call back to the automated system, click “Enter Confirmation ID” and type in the numbers when they are read to you.
- Once you have entered the Confirmation ID, you can click Activate Windows and if your product key is valid and the numbers have been typed in correctly, you should be all set.
Any questions/problems please get in touch - https://www.unitedtechsoftware.com/
Thank you for your purchase.